The “” program includes a component targeting immigrant women of visible minorities. The Conseil économique et coopératif de la Saskatchewan (CÉCS) runs . Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) and Service Canada fund the program.
The “Access to Employment: Women of Visible Minorities” component is part of a national strategy for integrating women into the labour market. It aims to help immigrant women of visible minorities overcome barriers to employment and acquire the skills necessary for professional success.
- Be an immigrant woman belonging to a visible minority
- Permanent resident or protected person within the meaning of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
- Legally authorized to work in Canada
- Right to work according to the relevant provincial / territorial legislation and regulations
- Available / not enrolled in a study program
The program includes several workshops:
- Personal development
- Career exploration
- Additional training offer
- Techniques and job search tools
- Writing resumes and cover letters
- Interview simulation