Conseiller en Communications (Bilingue) / Bilingual Communications Consultant
Bilingual Communications Consultant – Permanent Full Time Opportunity
Ministry of Education Regina, SK
The Communications & Sector Relations Branch within the Ministry of Education is seeking an energetic, flexible, highly organized and motivated bilingual Communications Consultant for a permanent full-time position in Regina. You will be part of a dynamic team of communications professionals responsible for communicating the future provincial education plan for the next decade in Kindergarten to Grade 12 education in Saskatchewan. The candidate for this position must be fluently bilingual in French and English. A French proficiency exercise will be a part of the assessment process for all candidates under consideration.
Reporting to the Director of Communications, you will:
- provide strategic communications counsel to senior ministry officials;
- create strategic communications plans to create awareness of the services, programs and funding provided by the Ministry;
- write and coordinate written responses to citizens in both French and English;
- review and proofread French translations of ministry documents;
- lead a range of external communication initiatives including writing news releases, planning ministry announcement events and creating digital and video communications materials; and
- work independently and as part of a communications team to plan, develop, implement and evaluate communication strategies and plans.
In order to be successful in this role, you will have:
- knowledge of communications theories, principals, and techniques;
- knowledge the use of appropriate grammar, syntax, spelling and vocabulary in both French and English;
- a strong background in writing communication materials and strategies, including creating materials for traditional and digital audiences;
- the ability to research, clearly and concisely write and edit a variety of communications materials including communication plans, web content, news releases, speeches and publications;
- the ability to anticipate, identify, and assess broad issues in the context of the impact on the Saskatchewan Ministry of Education; and
- experience using communications related software including InDesign, Google Analytics, social media analytics, website content management systems, video editing programs and/or Photoshop is considered an asset.
Typically, the knowledge and skills required for this position would be attained through a degree in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism, English or a related field of study, combined with several years of communications experience.
This is a reposted competition of Competition COM001219. If you have previously applied to that competition you do not need to reapply.
Closing Date: September 27, 2020
Competition Number: COM001252
The Government of Saskatchewan offers a wide range of careers with purpose and passion. Our people enjoy an enviable work/life balance in an environment that supports creativity, innovation and diversity while providing learning and career development opportunities. We’re helping make Saskatchewan the best place to live, work and raise our families, by building the best public service in Canada. Join the team! For more information on this and other opportunities in the public service, visit saskatchewan.ca/careers.