Access to Employment
Access to Employment program
“Access to Employment” is a new program delivered by the Conseil économique et coopératif de la Saskatchewan (CÉCS) as part of the youth employment strategy of the Government of Canada. This program is intended to assist youth to overcome employment barriers and to gain required skills.
More specifically, these are the program objectives:
- To assist youth to overcome barriers to employment;
- To assist youth to acquire the various skills and knowledge that will enable them to participate in the job market, now and in the future;
- To show that education and skills are essential for participation in the job market.
In the context of the current project, which will span 3 years, the CÉCS has set itself a goal of assisting 60 young people to overcome the many barriers to employment and to acquire the knowledge and skills they require to transition successfully to the workplace or to return to school.
To achieve this goal, participants will first be given 3 weeks of paid training to prepare them for the workplace and then they will be immersed in an 18-week work experience where employers are subsidized for creating a position.
- Be between the ages of 15 and 30, inclusive;
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or a protected person as defined by the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act;
- Be legally entitled to work in Canada;
- Have the right to work under the provisions of relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations;
- Not be receiving any employment insurance benefits;
- Be available/not be a student.
- Personal development;
- Career exploration;
- Further learning or training;
- Job-search tools and methods;
- Writing a resumé and cover letter;
- Practice interviews;
- Job-search techniques;
- Leadership development;
- Occupational health and safety;
- Occupational hygiene;
- Time management;
- Financial management;
- Labour standards in Canada and Saskatchewan;
- Community service and volunteering;
- Workplace communication;
- Cultural diversity in the workplace;
Comment nous joindre / pour s’inscrire :
Mamadou Bah, Coordinator, NORTH Region
Tel.: 306.566.6000, ext. 120 (Office) or 306.716.5156 (Cell)
Jean Claude Hagerimana, Coordinator, SOUTH Region
Tel.: 306.566.6000, ext. 105 (Office) or 306.351.7331 (Cell)
The “ACCESS TO EMPLOYMENT” PROGRAM IS THE KEY TO SUCCESS!