Analyste – stagiaire (Bilingue) | Analyst Trainee (Bilingual)
*ENGLISH TO FOLLOW*
POSITION: ANALYST TRAINEE (SERVICE DESK) (MULTIPLE POSITIONS)
SALARY: AS PER CBA
DIVISION: INFRASTRUCTURE OPERATIONS
MANAGER: ANDRE MARSIGLIA
LOCATION: REGINA, SK
- This role has Bilingual language requirements (candidates must be fully bilingual in both English and French).
- This role is subject to additional security screening requirements.
- Relocation Assistance may be provided for successful candidate(s) who are willing to relocate to Regina, Saskatchewan, for this position.
The Analyst Trainee will be assigned to work in the Service Desk providing end-user support to ISM Canada customers, both internal and external. The Analyst Trainee may provide services that are supervised by a more senior analyst.
- Provide Tier 1/1.5 trouble shooting to end-user – escalating support to more senior technicians as required.
- Provide prompt and courteous service to all clients ensuring excellent customer service and high customer satisfaction.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of the use, operation and support of desktop hardware and software Assist with workstation rollout activities, including software installation and asset tracking management.
- Develop a solid understanding and use of ITIL incident management processes.
- Monitor, analyze and resolve problems with the use, operation or support of hardware and software.
- Document operating systems, support problems, or business systems problems.
- Monitor existing systems and suggest improvements.
- Learn and provide support for new technologies, processes, products and systems.
- Interact and support team members, customers and users.
- Provide 7×24 on-call support on a rotating basis.
- Apply sound work habits in order to maintain an image of competence and professionalism.
- Train customers or ISM Canada staff on the use of technologies, products, processes and systems.
- Complete assignments on time.
- Willingness to pursue certifications in current products.
- Code and test technologies from specifications.
- Create operational procedures for testing and production.
- Maintain existing technologies, processes, services or products.
- Troubleshoot and/or provide support for products and services with assistance from a more senior staff member.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Some post-secondary education in computer science, software engineering, or a related technical course; or equivalent industry experience.
- Basic knowledge of the use, operation and support of hardware software, and how to diagnose and remedy related problems; or basic knowledge of application development concepts and testing.
KEY SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to read, write and speak both English and French is required
- Basic knowledge of security computer fundamentals.
- Good customer service skills.
- Some skill level on Intel operating systems (Windows, Linux), particularly Active Directory.
- Some working knowledge and ability to support customer applications, including Windows7 and MS Office.
- Basic understanding of multi-platform environments, including network and storage technologies.
- Positive and disciplined attitude regarding security, as well as ISD team members and customers.
- Good communications skills for interfacing with all clients, both internal and external.
- Strong team player.
- Some leadership skills.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks at one time.
- Strong independent self-learner.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your application on the Careers section in Dayforce: https://sso.dayforcehcm.com/ismcanada before May 12, 2021.
Job Code: REQ #160 Analyst Trainee (Service Desk)