Consultant.e de logiciel (Projets du réseau) – Bilingue / Software Consultant (Network Projects) – Bilingual
POSITION: SOFTWARE CONSULTANT (NETWORK PROJECTS)
SALARY: AS PER CBA
DIVISION: INFRASTRUCTURE OPERATIONS
LOCATION: REGINA, SASKATCHEWAN
CLOSING DATE: MARCH 5, 2021
Working with ISM will work wonders for your career!
The Software Consultant (Network Projects) plans, coordinates, and implements entire projects within an area of software expertise for diverse clients. Work involves all aspects of projects and network design/architecture, having significant complexity. The position solves problems within defined project goals. There is no direct supervision, although direction is provided re: long-range goals, and work is reviewed through consultation and against project goals.
The Software Consultant (Network Projects) integrates its own work with systems architecture, resolves all technical issues independently, and balances diverse/conflicting needs. The position makes significant contributions to the customer in multiple areas and designs programs to meet customer needs. The position would deal with customers and ISM Canada management.
The Software Consultant (Network Projects) may provide training, direction, and technical guidance to staff and may have team leadership responsibilities and responsibility for projects.
- Planning, coordinating, and implementing projects within area of software expertise for diverse clients.
- Scope implementation plans and coordinate delivery of specific project objectives with network team members.
- Design / Architect network solutions around Cisco Routing/Switching, SDN, ACI and Nexus switches
- Strategic research and evaluation of new solutions and technologies.
- Acting as primary contact for specific software products and the backup contact for others.
- Providing project management techniques to projects including evaluating new products, preparing environments for new products, and coordinating the implementation of new products.
- Providing positive leadership and subject matter guidance to team members and customers.
- Coordinating with other projects to ensure efficient use of resources.
- Assisting in proposal preparation including hardware/software options and strategies, capacity planning, methodologies, costs, etc.
- Providing time and cost estimates on projects
- Preparing/conducting training of customers or ISM Canada staff on computer systems or related topics.
- University Degree, or diploma from a two year program in Computer Science/Data Processing, or an equivalent combination of education, experience and training, plus 7 – 9 years knowledge of systems concepts.
- In-depth knowledge of system management, analysis and design techniques; current operating systems and environments; supported products and services in Systems Operations.
- Strong problem determination and resolution skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to design, cost, and implement solutions and demonstrate a high degree of originality and ingenuity in devising new approaches.
- Demonstrated leadership, supervisory, and interpersonal skills including a mature professional attitude.
- Skills and abilities acceptable to the client.
KEY SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to read, write and speak both English and French considered an asset.
- Experience leading large scale network projects such as network core migrations, and customer transitions.
- Wide knowledge of various IT delivery methodologies (ITIL, TOGAF, RUP, Zachman, etc.)
- Advanced network certifications (CCIE R&S, Security, Datacentre, Voice, SP) would be considered an asset accompanied with proven operational background at all levels of network implementation.
- Proven ability to architect and document network solutions, and transition knowledge to a broader network team with varying skill levels from junior to senior.
- Extensive Cisco Routing/Switching experience.
- Experience with architecting solutions based on Cisco Nexus Switches (5k, 7k, 9k).
- Experience with Cisco Catalyst 6500 series switches and migration from this platform.
- Experience with architecting solutions based on Cisco ASA devices.
- Experience with routing protocols (EIGRP, OSPF and BGP).
- Experience with network control protocols (QoS, PoE, NTP, DHCP).
- Experience with logical design models (L2/L3, VDC, FEX, Datacenter zones, Fabric Path, Spanning tree, Port Channels, VTP, VLANs and physical cabling).
- Understand WAN/LAN and transport technologies such as Ethernet and MPLS.
- Experience with ACI (policies, tenants, application network profile, end-point group, contracts).
- Experience with delivering enterprise solutions within large complex organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt and drive change.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to communicate complex ideas.
- Experience should include high impact service delivery in a rapid paced, time sensitive, high quality environment.
- Experience developing business relationships as well as maintaining positive customer relationships.
Job Code: REQ #121 Software Consultant (Network Projects)